Wednesday 6 June 2012

What to Expect When You're Expecting

We went to see this film today. It made me cry and laugh out loud, it is not as funny as I think it should/could be - there are a lot of funny jokes to be made around pregnancy and parenthood that they (maybe knowingly) came very close to but didn't quite make. But it does empathy and heart ache in a big way it is very sentimental! 
What I don't particularly like about the film is we are not allowed to choose which characters we like, they are clearly set up as the good, the bad, the stupid, the comedian, and the annoying. I do however like this style of film where we track several characters journey though ever decreasing circles until they all wind up same place, same time. I like a good formula it lets you focus on the emotion and plot of the film. Not that this film is particularly intellectually challenging! But it did spark off a great discussion about BABIES yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment