Saturday 8 September 2012

Growing up!

So this week marked the end of my life as a Student!

In the last hour of my final shift, I got that single signature that shows I am safe and have the good quality of character to be a registered nurse!

I was pretty sure that I would be signed off as my ward manager has given me a job on the ward I've spent my management placement on over the last three months - so I knew she was confident in my abilities. It's been an interesting placement; one shift suddenly something clicked, and I realised I could look after 9 patients on my own. One of the best things about nursing is that you're always working in a team, so if you're unsure or need help there will always be someone there. There's a huge network of people involved of the care of each patient, so it's not all down to you! Now I'll be a Staff Nurse I'm sure there'll be a steep learning curve as I loose my supernumerary status, but that's all part of the fun!

There is no way I would have done it without Lucy, even if sometimes I just needed someone to vent to! Seriously though, having the stability of our home life has made the stresses of a busy 3rd year much easier to deal with. I'm lucky I haven't had to be searching for housing, sharing with people I barely know and hoping that there will be a job at the end of it.  Once my fist paycheque comes through we'll be equal breadwinners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment